Monday, March 2, 2009

Read and Share DVD Bible - Volume 1

My children and I, had the pleasure of viewing the “Read and Share DVD Bible – Volume 1”. This dvd contains 13 stories from the Old and New Testament. It begins with the Six days of Creation and ends with One lost sheep. Each segment is about 3 minutes long. Although the story is quick, the pertinent facts from the bible are presented in each segment. The animation is colorful and sticks to the original illustrations from the Read and Share Bible. However, it draws a kid’s attention to the stories on screen. This dvd was viewed by my 7year old and 3 year old, and both enjoyed the dvd. The stories are presented in a fun kid friendly manner. My children were excited to be learning about the bible in a unique way. Rather than me just reading the stories to them, they were watching them brought to life on the dvd. I would not recommend using the dvd as a child’s only source of bible teaching. However, combining the bible with the stories will help reinforce the concepts for a child. My oldest son, wanted to learn more about the people he watched on the dvd. This provides me a direction for our nightly bible reading. I can focus on stories that appealed to him, and he will want to listen. I look forward to more Read and Share DVD’s. These would also be great for Vacation Bible School or Sunday School lessons.

No comments: