Monday, August 17, 2009

Notes From The Tilt-A-Whirl

I reviewed “Notes From The Tilt-A-Whirl”, for Thomas Nelson’s book review blogger program. I had a hard time finishing this book. The writing style was hard to follow. N.D. Wilson seemed to be a deep thinker who wanted to examine the world God created. He writes about simple and complex topics. Wilson uses humor throughout the book. However, it just seemed out of place throughout the book. I did not appreciate the way his thoughts are jumbled throughout the book. Wilson’s paragraphs do not always relate to each other. I would finish a page, and question what I had just read. I don’t know if his intention was to write a book similar to a journal. In which all thoughts are written without intention. I usually read books very quickly. I actually had to force myself to finish this book, so I could post my review. I’m sure this book may appeal to people who don’t mind re-reading a page or paragraph multiple times to figure out the point the author is trying to make. I simply do not have the time to try and unravel the author’s mind. I would recommend a person read other reviews, to determine whether or not this book would appeal to their reading preferences.

No comments: